2019 ANNUAL JURIED MEMBERS EXHIBIT
Registration online for entries: Tuesday, July 2nd
Take-in: Tuesday, July 9th, 10AM -1PM
Opening Reception: Friday, July 12th, 5-7PM
Awards: Best of Show $400.00; 1st Place $300.00; 2nd Place $200.00; 3rd Place $100.00; 3 Honorable Mentions $50.00 Gift Certificates
Show Dates: July 12th – September 10th
Pick Up Date: Tuesday, September 10th, 10AM-1 PM
Hours: Weekdays and Saturday, 10AM-5PM, Sundays, 10AM-3PM
ANNUAL JURIED SHOW - Exhibit Description
This show features stand out work from our members. There is not a theme. A professional juror selects the exhibit. All mediums are accepted. You must have exhibited in one other RED HOUSE EXHIBIT in the past year to be eligible for this show. BRING US YOUR BEST!!!
Note: This show is open to SVFAL Members ONLY. YOU MUST HAVE PARTICIPATED IN ANOTHER Red House Exhibit IN THE LAST YEAR TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SHOW.
Curator: SHELLEY SCHENKER Assisted by: Barbara Francois; Betty Paine
Juror: SHERRY MASTERS, Owner/Operator Art Connection Tours of North Carolina
NO SMALL SERIES WORKS FOR THIS SHOW.
Please check with show coordinators for answers to questions
PLEASE CHECK WITH SHOW COORDINATORS FOR ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS YOU HAVE ABOUT THIS SHOW. Curator: Shelley Schenker email@example.com or 561-635-9399; Betty Paine, 828-545-2427 or firstname.lastname@example.org; Barbara Francois, email@example.com or 330-617-9402
1. Eligible Art Work: Original work in any style and in all media is allowed in this show. Up to two pieces may be entered. Please do not enter a piece that has been in a previous SVFAL Red House show. All dimensional artwork, in media such as oils, acrylics, watercolors, pastels, pencil, photography, mixed media, encaustic, collage, sculpture, assemblage, clay, metal, glass, fiber, and wood are welcomed! Acceptance will be at the discretion of the committee receiving the work.
All work must be original, finished after May 2016, and not previously shown in any Red House Juried exhibitionor a SVFAL members show. Your source material must be your own design. Prints, copies, class work, photolithographic or computer generated artwork are not eligible.
2. Hand-deliver entries to the Red House Gallery, 310 West State Street, Black Mountain, NC (beside the Monte Vista Hotel) on Tuesday, July 9th, between 10am and 1pm.
*** No late entries will be accepted!
NOTE: If you cannot make it for the take in date, or have any questions, please contact the Artist in Residence (AIR) at the Red House 828-669-0351
3. Entry Fee: One piece may be submitted per member. Entry fee is $30.
4. Size Limits for regular entries: Wall Artwork must be no larger than 42” wide including frame. Artwork must be no smaller than 8” X 10” (outer frame size) and must be ready to hang. No easel frames! NO EXCEPTIONS.
5. Acceptable Artwork: All artwork MUST BE DRY, appropriately framed or museum wrapped, and ready for hanging with wire. No saw toothed hooks, brackets, table frames, and exposed glass edges are allowed. All artwork must be labeled with information attached to back. Please use the forms provided with this prospectus. Please take advantage of our easy online registration prior to entry day or fill out forms before you arrive. To register online beginning July 1, 2019 , click on: https://www.svfalarts.org/exhibit-entry-fees/red-house-exhibition-entry-fee.
6. Liability: While every precaution will be taken to avoid damages, all artists who enter this show agree that the SVFAL Red House Studios & Gallery and its members will not be held responsible for any damage or loss of artwork.
NOTE: Please complete the Liability Waiver Form that is located on the last page of this prospectus directly under the First Entry Form. You must sign/date it and turn in this form on the day of entry.
7. IMPORTANT: SVFAL Members submitting artwork must work one shift in the Gallery for each month the show is hanging. By sitting at the desk, each member, in volunteering their time, allows The Red House Studios and Gallery to remain operational during our advertised hours. Please sign up for sitting by going online, click on: https://www.svfalarts.org/schedule-desk-sitting. Thank you in advance!
8. All accepted entries will be on display at The Red House Gallery, and must hang until end of show on Monday, September 9, 2019, unless purchased.
9. Artwork Pick-Up: Tuesday, September 10, 2019, 10 am-1 pm and Artwork MUST BE SIGNED OUT of the Gallery Log Book when it is picked up. (We are unable to provide storage - Sorry, no exceptions). For Each Entry: Please attach ENTRY FORM (below) to back of artwork & submit when you enter it. IMPORTANT: IF YOU HAVE NOT PREVIOUSLY SIGNED AND TURNED IN THE BLANKET LIABILITY FORM PLEASE INCLUDE THE FORM WITH YOUR ENTRIES.
Please complete these forms before you come to the Red House to enter your artwork.
BLANKET LIABILITY WAIVER
Please print out and cut out this Liability Waiver, fill it out, and hand it in with your piece, if you have not already signed the BLANKET LIABILITY WAIVER covering all exhibits.
The Swannanoa Valley Fine Arts League (SVFAL) provides numerous opportunities for its members to exhibit and sell their art in shows at various venues. There is inherent risk in the public display of art. By submitting my art to SVFAL shows, I agree to hold the SVFAL and the venues blameless for any damage to, or loss of, my work.
Juried Show ENTRY
Juried Show ENTRY
Thank you for entering our show. Your participation makes our show a success!
2019 DATES FOR CHRISTMOUNT
2nd change out date: New Date! - March 18th 2019, Monday from 10 am - 12 noon
Take down for summer: June 12th, Wednesday from 10 am - 12 noon
1st change out date of the year: August 22nd from 10 am - 12 noon
Please be aware that the change out dates are not on Tuesdays to avoid possible conflict with a show take in at the Red House.
Also, all members are welcome to show their work. There is no fee, but the Red House does charge 30% commission. We also hang our own work and bring our own tags with our information on them to hang next to the painting.
Christmount is on route 9 past Cheshire on the left. There is a sign at the entrance and the name of the road going into Christmount is Fern Way. The building on the hill on the left is the conference center and hotel where we hang our work. A map can be found on Chrismount’s web page:- https://www.christmount.org/contact-us
If you have any questions, please contact Nancy Clausen at firstname.lastname@example.org