ALL CREATURES GREAT AND SMALL
Registration online for entries: Tuesday, March 5th
Take-in: Tuesday, March 12th, 10 am -1 pm
Opening Reception: Friday, March 15th, 5-7 pm
Show Dates: March 15th – May 6th
Pick Up Date: Tuesday, May 7th
Did you know that scientists estimate that there are more than 10 million species of animals in this world? This springtime show is a celebration of all creatures, great and small! So let your imagination run wild! Many of our member artists specialize in painting animals, everything from domestic pets to big game. Creatures of all sizes and shapes are welcome. Think about using this show to highlight their personality and uniqueness in this exhibit. Although we all love furry pets, I’m hoping for a sloth or crocodile! Or maybe colorful tropical fish! Small and innocent young with their moms. Or old dogs resting on a porch on a lazy day. Or cows grazing in a nearby field. You have millions from which to choose! We would like to encourage you to consider submitting two pieces, one depicting a large creature and one with a small creature. For this show, we have invited children from ArtSpace Charter School in Swannanoa to create paintings of their favorite animals as well. Several will be selected to be on display during this show! ____________________________________________________________
PLEASE CHECK WITH SHOW COORDINATORS FOR ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS YOU HAVE ABOUT THIS SHOW. Mary Cunningham can be reached at 828-633-0757 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Julie Hightower can be reached at 770-318-8122 or email@example.com. ____________________________________________________________
1. Eligible Art Work: Original work in any style and in all media is allowed in this show. Up to two pieces may be entered. Please do not enter a piece that has been in a previous SVFAL Red House show. All dimensional artwork, in media such as oils, acrylics, watercolors, pastels, pencil, photography, mixed media, encaustic, collage, sculpture, assemblage, clay, metal, glass, fiber, and wood are welcomed! Acceptance will be at the discretion of the committee receiving the work.
2. Hand-deliver entries to the Red House Gallery, 310 West State Street, Black Mountain, NC (beside the Monte Vista Hotel) on Tuesday, March 12th, between 10am and 1pm. *** No late entries will be accepted! NOTE: If you cannot make it for the take in date, or have any questions, please contact Mary Cunningham at firstname.lastname@example.org or 828-633-0757.
3. Entry Fee: Up to two pieces may be submitted per member. If you submit one piece, the entry fee is $15. If you submit two pieces, the entry fee is $25.
4. Size Limits for regular entries: Wall Artwork must be no larger than 42” wide including frame. Artwork must be no smaller than 8” X 10” (outer frame size) and must be ready to hang. No easel frames! NO EXCEPTIONS.
5. Acceptable Artwork: All artwork MUST BE DRY, appropriately framed or museum wrapped, and ready for hanging with wire. No saw toothed hooks, brackets, table frames, and exposed glass edges are allowed. All three small series artwork must be ready for hanging or be able to stand alone on a pedestal. All artwork must be labeled with information attached to back. Please use the forms provided with this prospectus. Please take advantage of our easy online registration prior to entry day or fill out forms before you arrive. To register online beginning March 5th , click on: https:// www.svfalarts.org/exhibit-entry-fees/red-house-exhibition-entry-fee.
6. Liability: While every precaution will be taken to avoid damages, all artists who enter this show agree that the SVFAL Red House Studios & Gallery and its members will not be held responsible for any damage or loss of artwork. NOTE: Please complete the Liability Waiver Form that is located on the last page of this prospectus directly under the First Entry Form. You must sign/date it and turn in this form on the day of entry. You need only sign/date ONE Liability Form.
7. IMPORTANT: SVFAL Members submitting artwork must work one shift in the Gallery for each month the show is hanging, regardless of number of pieces submitted. By sitting at the desk, each member, in volunteering their time, allows The Red House Studios and Gallery to remain operational during our advertised hours. Please sign up for sitting by going online, click on: https:// www.svfalarts.org/schedule-desk-sitting. Thank you in advance!
8. All accepted entries will be on display at The Red House Gallery, and must hang until end of show on Tuesday, May 14th, unless purchased. You will be notified if you need to bring in a replacement.
9. Artwork Pick-Up: Tuesday, May 7th, 10 am-1 pm and Artwork MUST BE SIGNED OUT of the Gallery Log Book when it is picked up. (We are unable to provide storage - Sorry, no exceptions).
For Each Entry: Please attach ENTRY FORM (below) to back of artwork & submit when you enter it. IMPORTANT: IF YOU HAVE NOT PREVIOUSLY SIGNED AND TURNED IN THE BLANKET LIABILITY FORM PLEASE INCLUDE THE FORM WITH YOUR ENTRIES.
Please complete these forms before you come to the Red House to enter your artwork.
BLANKET LIABILITY WAIVER
Please print out and cut out this Liability Waiver, fill it out, and hand it in with your piece, if you have not already signed the BLANKET LIABILITY WAIVER covering all exhibits.
The Swannanoa Valley Fine Arts League (SVFAL) provides numerous opportunities for its members to exhibit and sell their art in shows at various venues. There is inherent risk in the public display of art. By submitting my art to SVFAL shows, I agree to hold the SVFAL and the venues blameless for any damage to, or loss of, my work.
2019 DATES FOR CHRISTMOUNT
2nd change out date: New Date! - March 18th 2019, Monday from 10 am - 12 noon
Take down for summer: June 12th, Wednesday from 10 am - 12 noon
1st change out date of the year: August 22nd from 10 am - 12 noon
Please be aware that the change out dates are not on Tuesdays to avoid possible conflict with a show take in at the Red House.
Also, all members are welcome to show their work. There is no fee, but the Red House does charge 30% commission. We also hang our own work and bring our own tags with our information on them to hang next to the painting.
Christmount is on route 9 past Cheshire on the left. There is a sign at the entrance and the name of the road going into Christmount is Fern Way. The building on the hill on the left is the conference center and hotel where we hang our work. A map can be found on Chrismount’s web page:- https://www.christmount.org/contact-us
If you have any questions, please contact Nancy Clausen at email@example.com