SVFAL MEMBER OPPORTUNITIES
To provide a setting to cultivate the creative talents of beginning and accomplished artists.
To provide a permanent and continuous gallery space for member exhibits and receptions.
To provide a home for the operation of the league: including classrooms, meeting rooms and workshop areas.
To provide working "entrepreneurial" studio spaces for members, where they can also sell their work.
We are a community league. As such, we encourage our members to be active volunteers in the league, and we reciprocate by doing our best to keep costs low. OUR ANNUAL MEMBER DUES ARE JUST $38! Membership in the SWANNANOA VALLEY FINE ARTS LEAGUE comes with lots of benefits and opportunities. We have many long term members and we hope you will find us as valuable as they have!
PRIVILEGES OF MEMBERSHIP
- Access to numerous exhibition venues!
- Access to low cost "entrepreneurial" studio space!
- Artistic fellowship and support!
- Attend low cost LIFE DRAWING Open Studio Sessions!
- Attend low cost workshops lead by standouts in their mediums!
- Participate in groups!
- Receive our informative monthly newsletters!
- Be a part of our active promotional and publicity efforts!
- Have your work professionally presented in the ARTIST SHOWCASE on this website!
- Be represented in our member roster on this website.
- Have your contact information published in our member handbook.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF MEMBERSHIP
- All members are expected to pay their $38 annual dues by September 1st.
- All members are expected to volunteer with the league. Most volunteer commitments are filled by sitting at the Red House reception desk for four shifts per year. Involvement with other league operations also provide volunteer opportunities. If you find your involvement with work on committees or with other League responsibilities exceeds four hours per month on a regular basis, you may request a waiver from the sitting requirement.
- When you enter your work in an upcoming RED HOUSE or CHRISTMOUNT exhibit you may be asked to sit at THE RED HOUSE reception desk during the exhibit, depending on the sitting schedule needs at the time. You must sign up for those shifts on the day that you drop off your work for the exhibit.
- For your 1st reception desk shift you will be assigned a seasoned member to mentor you. Guidebooks and our casual atmosphere make this an easy and fun responsibility!
IT TAKES MANY PEOPLE AND MANY VOLUNTEER HOURS TO MAKE THE SWANNANOA VALLEY ART LEAGUE A SUCCESS. WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO FIND YOU NICHE AND HELP MAKE IT A SUCCESS FOR ALL TO ENJOY!
COMMUNICATIONS & PUBLICITY
- SVFAL members are added to our Mail Chimp email list at the time of registration. Emails with regards to show deadlines, openings, and special events and opportunities are sent to members every Friday.
- Our NEWSLETTER is emailed to all members and comes out at the beginning of each month.
- We have a regularly updated WEBSITE specifically designed to meet the needs of our members and our patrons.
- We have a presence on Social Media with an established FACEBOOK PAGE. *See link at the bottom of the page.
- SVFAL maintains an active publicity campaign. Monthly articles on SVFAL appear in THE LAUREL, MOUNTAIN MADE and the BLACK MOUNTAIN NEWS. There are monthly ads in THE LAUREL, MOUNTAIN MADE and the BLACK MOUNTAIN NEWS. Our Events Calendar appears in the BLACK MOUNTAIN NEWS and MOUNTAIN EXPRESS. We also maintain an active presence with the Black Mountain Chamber of Commerce and have ads in their visitor and relocation guides. Additionally, SVFAL's long time presence in the larger community affords us numerous other promotional opportunities.
Our Board is comprised of dedicated SVFAL artists and SVFAL community members who go above and beyond to fufill the SWANNANOA VALLEY FINE ARTS LEAGUE mission. Our MISSION is to inspire artistic growth and excellence among artists of all ages by offering arts education and exhibition opportunities. We hope to encourage and influence a lifelong involvement in, and commitment to, the arts.