RED HOUSE EXHIBITION GUIDELINES
These rules are general. Specific shows will have adjustments as necessary. Please refer to each PROSPECTUS as it becomes available for details.
- Hand deliver entries to the Red House Gallery, 310 West State Street, Black Mountain, NC (beside the Monte Vista Hotel) on the given Tuesday before the exhibit opens, between 10 am and 1 pm. * No late entries will be accepted!
- Entry Fee varies from show to show - generally in the $15 to $25 per piece range. No more than 2 artworks may be entered in most shows - there is no extra fee for an additional piece on the Small Works Wall.
- A 20% commission will be deducted on all work sold.
- Size Limits: Regular entries: Artwork must be no larger than 42” wide including frame. Artwork must be no smaller than 8” X 10” including frame and must be ready to hang. No easel frames! NO EXCEPTIONS. (Size limit for the small wall: Artwork no larger than 8” x 10” including frame)
- Acceptable Artwork: All artwork MUST BE DRY, appropriately framed or museum wrapped, and ready for hanging with wire. No saw toothed hooks, brackets, table frames, or exposed glass edges are allowed. All 3 dimensional artwork must be ready for hanging or be able to stand alone on a pedestal. All artwork must be labeled with information attached to back. Please use the forms provided with the PROSPECTUS. To keep the process moving during TAKE IN, fill out forms before you arrive.
- Liability: While every precaution will be taken to avoid damages, all artists who enter this show agree that the SVFAL Red House Studios & Gallery and its members will not be held responsible for any damage or loss of artwork.
- Important: SVFAL Members submitting artwork must work one 4 hour shift in the Gallery for each month the show is hanging, regardless of number of pieces submitted. By sitting at the desk, each member, in volunteering their time, allows The Red House Studios and Gallery to remain operational during our advertised hours. Please bring your calendar to sign up for gallery sitting when entering your artwork, or SIGN UP ONLINE. Thank you in advance!
- All accepted entries will be on display at The Red House Gallery, and must hang until end of show, unless purchased. You will be notified if you need to bring in a replacement.
- Artwork Pick-Up: The Tuesday after the final weekend of the show from 10 am-1 pm. Artwork MUST BE SIGNED OUT of the Gallery Log Book when it is picked up. (We are unable to provide storage - Sorry no exceptions)