Bi-Annual BMCA Juried Members Exhibit
THIS PROSPECTUS MAY BE COPIED & PASTED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR EASY PRINTING
Take-in: Tuesday, October 9th, 10 am-1 pm - UPSTAIRS at the BLACK MOUNTAIN CENTER FOR THE ARTS - 225 West State Street
Show Dates: October 12th - November 21st
Opening Reception: Friday, Octoberth, 6-8 pm At the BLACK MOUNTAIN CENTER FOR THE ARTS
Pick Up Date: Entries not accepted in show MUST be picked up on Wednesday, October 10th, Time: 10 am-4 pm at the Black Mountain Center for the Arts. Due to the Thanksgiving Holiday, entries accepted in show MUST be picked up on Tuesday, November 27th, 10 am – 4 pm at the Black Mountain Center for the Arts
Hours: Monday - Friday, 10 am-5 pm
Entries: One Entry per Member, Maximum size of 36” (including frame)
Sales: Black Mountain Center for the Arts 40%, Artist 60%
Awards: 1st Place $175.00, 2nd Place $100.00, 3rd Place $75.00
Jurior: Nicholas Raynolds (www.nicholasraynolds.com)
BI-ANNUAL BMCA JURIED SHOW - Exhibit Description
This show features stand out work from our members. There is not a theme. A professional juror selects the exhibit. All mediums are accepted. You must have exhibited in one other RED HOUSE EXHIBIT in the past year to be eligible for this show. BRING US YOUR BEST!!!
Note: This show is open to SVFAL Members ONLY. YOU MUST HAVE PARTICIPATED IN ANOTHER Red House Exhibit IN THE LAST YEAR TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SHOW.
Curator: FRAN GREENBERG
Juror: NICHOLAS RAYNOLDS
Nicholas Raynolds is recognized as a versatile and accomplished talent in both drawing and painting. Working successfully in multiple genres, his subject matter ranges from the portrait and figure, to landscape, interiors and still-life.
Raynolds’ formal studies in art were conducted in Düsseldorf, Germany; Vancouver and Halifax, Canada; Seattle, WA and in New York at the Water Street Atelier. He has exhibited nationally and abroad and can be found in numerous national and international collections, including The Forbes Collection (NY), the TIA Collection and the Arkansas Art Center Museum (AR). His work has been published in Juliette Aristides' books: "Lessons in Classical Drawing" and “Classical Painting Atelier" and in numerous magazines including The Artist's Magazine; American Artist, Drawing Magazine; American Art Collector; the French art magazine 'Pratique des Art' and on the cover of John Updike's novel, "Seek My Face". Among his accolades, he has been awarded 1st prize in the Artist's Magazine's 31st annual Art Competition in the Landscape category and 2nd prize in MANIFEST's INPA 4. Raynolds has taught in New York City at the National Academy School of Fine Art and The Art Students League; at the Gage Academy of Art (WA) and Penland School of Crafts (NC). His painting 'Mary' is used as a teaching reference to students at the Angel Academy in Florence, Italy.
Nicholas Raynolds currently lives and works in Asheville, NC while pursuing his Graduate degree in Fine Art at Eastern Tennessee State University in Johnson City.
To see the artist's work visit: www.nicholasraynolds.com
NO SMALL WALL WORKS FOR THIS SHOW.
Acceptance will be at the discretion of the curator/juror.
1. Eligible Art Work: Original work in any style in all media are allowed at this show. Please do not enter a piece that has been in a previous SVFAL Red House show. All 2- dimensional artwork, in media such as oils, acrylics, watercolors, pastels, pencil, photography, mixed media, encaustic, collage, sculpture, assemblage, clay, metal, glass, fiber, and wood are welcomed.
All work must be original, finished after May 2015, and not previously shown in any Juried exhibition or a SVFAL members show. Your source material must be your own design. Prints, copies, class work, photolithographic or computer generated artwork are not eligible.
Artwork must be left in place for the duration of the show, and must be picked up on Tuesday, November 27th, 10 am – 4 pm at the Black Mountain Center for the Arts.
2. Hand deliver entries to the Black Mountain Center for the Arts, 225 West State Street, Black Mountain, NC on Tuesday, October 9th, between 10 am and 1 pm. Drop off is on the second floor.
***** No late entries will be accepted!
3. Entry Fee: One piece may be submitted per member with an entry fee of $25
4. Size Limits: Regular entries: Artwork must be no larger than 36” wide including frame. Artwork must be no smaller than 8” X 10” (outer frame size) and must be ready to hang. No easel frames! NO EXCEPTIONS.
5. Acceptable Artwork: All artwork MUST BE DRY, appropriately framed or museum wrapped, and ready for hanging with wire. No saw toothed hooks, brackets, table frames, and exposed glass edges are allowed. All 3 dimensional artwork must be ready for hanging or be able to stand alone on a pedestal. All artwork must be labeled with information attached to back. Please take advantage of our easy online registration prior to entry day or fill out forms provided with this prospectus before you arrive. To register online AFTER OCTOBER 1st click on: https://www.svfalarts.org/exhibit-entry-fees/red-house-exhibition-entry-fee.
6. Liability: While every precaution will be taken to avoid damages, all artists who enter this show agree that the SVFAL Red House Studios & Gallery and its members will not be held responsible for any damage or loss of artwork. NOTE: Please complete the Blanket Liability Waiver Form that is located at the end of this prospectus directly under the Entry Form.. You must sign/date it and turn in this form on the day of entry if you have not previously done so. You need only sign/date ONE Liability Form when entering this show.
7. Important: SVFAL Members submitting artwork may be asked to work one (4 hour) red house gallery shift for each month the show is hanging. By sitting at the desk, each member, in volunteering their time, allows The Red House Studios and Gallery to remain operational during our advertised hours. Please sign up for sitting by going online, click on: https://www.svfalarts.org/schedule-desk-sitting. Thank you in advance!
8. All accepted entries will be on display at the Black Mountain Center for the Arts, and must hang until end of show, unless purchased. Entries not accepted in show MUST be picked up on Wednesday, October 10th, Time: 10 am-4 pm at the Black Mountain Center for the Arts.
9. Artwork Pick-Up: Tuesday, November 27th, 10 am-4 pm. At the Black Mountain Center for the Arts. Artwork MUST BE SIGNED OUT of the Gallery Log Book when it is picked up. (We are unable to provide storage-Sorry no exceptions).
NOTE: If you can’t make it for the take in date, or have any questions, please contact, FRAN GREENBERG at 828-225-9524 or email@example.com. Curator for this show.
For Entry: Please attach ENTRY FORM (below) to back of artwork & submit when you enter it. IMPORTANT: SIGN AND TURN IN THE BLANKET LIABILITY FORM IF YOU HAVE NOT PREVIOUSLY DONE SO.
Please complete these forms before you come to the BMCA to enter your artwork.
BLANKET LIABILITY WAIVER
Please print out and cut out this Liability Waiver, fill it out, and hand it in with your piece, if you have not already signed the BLANKET LIABILITY WAIVER covering all exhibits.
The Swannanoa Valley Fine Arts League (SVFAL) provides numerous opportunities for its members to exhibit and sell their art in shows at various venues. There is inherent risk in the public display of art. By submitting my art to SVFAL shows, I agree to hold the SVFAL and the venues blameless for any damage to, or loss of, my work.
Please complete these forms before you come to the BMCA to enter your artwork.
Acceptance will be at the discretion of the Juror.
NOTE: If you can’t make it for the take in date, or have any questions, please contact curator, FRAN GREENBURG at 828-225-9524
ONLINE REGISTRATION OPENS OCTOBER 1st
FOR IN PERSON REGISTRATION - Print and fill out the information below and bring it with you to TAKE-IN.
Please attach one ENTRY FORM (below) to back of artwork & submit other form with the artwork
when you enter it. IMPORTANT: SIGN AND TURN IN THE BLANKET LIABILITY FORM IF YOU HAVE NOT PREVIOUSLY DONE SO.