"ANNUAL JURIED SHOW" Members Exhibit
THIS PROSPECTUS MAY BE COPIED & PASTED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR EASY PRINTING
Members’ Show—ANNUAL JURIED MEMBERS EXHIBIT
The Red House Studios & Gallery
AWARDS: Best of Show $400.00, 1st Place $300.00, 2nd Place $200.00, 1st Place $100.00, 3 Honorable Mentions - $50.00 Gift Certificate.
Delivery of Entries: Tuesday, July 10th Time: 10 am-1 pm
Artists Reception: Friday, July 13th Time: 5 pm-7 pm Light refreshments will be served.
Show Dates: Friday, July 11th – Sunday September 9th
Artwork Pick-up: Tuesday, September 11th, 2018 Time: 10 am-1 pm
Gallery Hours: Friday thru Wednesday 10 am – 5 pm, Sunday 1 pm - 4 pm, CLOSED THURSDAY
ANNUAL JURIED SHOW - Exhibit Description
This show features stand out work from our members. There is not a theme. A professional juror selects the exhibit. All mediums are accepted. You must have exhibited in one other RED HOUSE EXHIBIT in the past year to be eligible for this show. BRING US YOUR BEST!!!
Note: This show is open to SVFAL Members ONLY.YOU MUST HAVE PARTICIPATED IN ANOTHER Red House Exhibit IN THE LAST YEAR TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SHOW.
Curator: PEGGY KING
Juror: BOB TRAVERS, Wildlife Artist
NO SMALL WALL WORKS FOR THIS SHOW.
Acceptance will be at the discretion of the curator/juror.
1. Eligible Art Work: Original work in any style in all media are allowed at this show. Please do not enter a piece that has been in a previous SVAL Red House show. All 2- dimensional artwork, in media such as oils, acrylics, watercolors, pastels and pencil are welcomed. Also welcomed: photography, mixed media, encaustic, collage, sculpture, assemblage, clay, metal, glass, fiber, and wood.
2. Hand deliver entries to the Red House Gallery, 310 West State Street, Black Mountain, NC (beside the Monte Vista Hotel) on Tuesday, July 10, between 10 am and 1 pm.
***** No late entries will be accepted!
3. Entry Fee: Up to two pieces may be submitted per member with an entry fee of $15 for one; $25 for two.
4. Size Limits: Regular entries: Artwork must be no larger than 42” wide including frame. Artwork must be no smaller than 8” X 10” (outer frame size) and must be ready to hang. No easel frames! NO EXCEPTIONS.
5. Acceptable Artwork: All artwork MUST BE DRY, appropriately framed or museum wrapped, and ready for hanging with wire. No saw toothed hooks, brackets, table frames, and exposed glass edges are allowed. All 3 dimensional artwork must be ready for hanging or be able to stand alone on a pedestal. All artwork must be labeled with information attached to back. Please use the forms provided with this prospectus. To keep the process moving on entry day, fill out forms before you arrive.
6. Liability: While every precaution will be taken to avoid damages, all artists who enter this show agree that the SVFAL Red House Studios & Gallery and its members will not be held responsible for any damage or loss of artwork. NOTE: Please complete the Liability Waiver Form that is located on the third page of this prospectus directly under the First Entry Form. You must sign/date it and turn in this form on the day of entry. You need only sign/date ONE Liability Form when entering this show.
7. Important: SVFAL Members submitting artwork must work one (4 hour) gallery shift for each month the show is hanging, regardless of number of pieces submitted. Note: This is a slight change from our previous policy. By sitting at the desk, each member, in volunteering their time, allows The Red House Studios and Gallery to remain operational during our advertised hours. Please bring your calendar to sign up for gallery sittingwhen entering your artwork. Thank you in advance!
8. All accepted entries will be on display at The Red House Gallery, and must hang until end of show, unless purchased. You will be notified if you need to bring in a replacement.
9. Artwork Pick-Up: Tuesday, September 11th, 10 am-1 pm. Artwork MUST BE SIGNED OUT of the Gallery Log Book when it is picked up. (We are unable to provide storage-Sorry no exceptions).
NOTE: If you can’t make it for the take in date, or have any questions, please contact, PEGGY KING 904.315.5833 curator for this show.
For Each Entry: Please attach one ENTRY FORM (below) to back of artwork & submit other form with the artwork
when you enter it. IMPORTANT: SIGN AND TURN IN THE BLANKET LIABILITY FORM IF YOU HAVE NOT PREVIOUSLY DONE SO.
Please complete these forms before you come to the Red House to enter your artwork.
BLANKET LIABILITY WAIVER
Please print out and cut out this Liability Waiver, fill it out, and hand it in with your piece, if you have not already signed the BLANKET LIABILITY WAIVER covering all exhibits.
The Swannanoa Valley Fine Arts League (SVFAL) provides numerous opportunities for its members to exhibit and sell their art in shows at various venues. There is inherent risk in the public display of art. By submitting my art to SVFAL shows, I agree to hold the SVFAL and the venues blameless for any damage to, or loss of, my work.
PLEASE INCLUDE A SHORT WRITTEN STATEMENT ON A SEPERATE PIECE OF PAPER EXPLAINING TO VIEWERS WHY THIS PIECE IS DIFFERENT FOR YOU - Thanks!
SMALL ITEM ENTRY